1) John, along with twenty friends, (are) planning a party.
2) The picture of the soldiers ( bring ) back many memories.
3) The quality of these recordings ( are ) not very good.
4) If the duties of these officers ( aren’t ) reduced, there will not be enough time to finish the project.
5) The effect of cigarette smoking ( have ) been proven to be extremely harmful.
6) The use of credit cards in place of cash ( has ) increased rapidly in recent years.
7) Advertisement on television ( are ) becoming more competitive than ever before.
8) Living expenses in this country, as well as in many others, ( is ) at an all-time high.
9) Mr. Jones, accompanied by several members of the committee, ( has ) proposed some changes of the rules.
10) The level of intoxication ( varies ) from subject to subject.